Thursday, May 28, 2015

How Katy Perry Plans to Stay Happy and Healthy All Summer Long http://ift.tt/1Bs5DHH

If you saw Katy Perry rock this year's Super Bowl halftime show, then you won't be surprised to find that this lady stays superfit. Our friends at Made Man recently caught up with her to find out how she stays looking and feeling good while she's on tour.

How do you stay "on" every day?
I'm not on every day. I'm sometimes 85 percent but I try my best. I always prepare myself, my mind, my body. I'm looking after my health which is most important because if I get sick I can't play a show, and thankfully I've not gotten sick!

You have done so many shows already. How do you keep things fresh?
It's really hard because sometimes there are people on the road that are sick. There've been puke buckets on the side of different instruments and hidden behind different lifts and things like that. And sometimes people are lonely, sometimes people have personal things going on in their life. I think you just have to continually remind yourself that these fans have waited so long, they're probably not going to see this show ever again, they may not ever see you ever again, this is like their once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. So we always try our best and are really grateful that we have such a successful tour. From the California Dreams tour to the Prismatic world tour it's grown so much and people still want it. That isn't always the case, so we're seizing the moment for sure.

How long does it take you to get ready to perform?
The shows are typically at nine p.m. and when it's show day it's all reserved for the show. So I sleep a lot, that's kind of like where I get all my strength and rejuvenation. My operating hours are very strange. I'm not a nine to five girl, in a Dolly Parton kind of way. I'm like a nine p.m. to five a.m. girl. I really start my day about noon and end my day about three a.m. So I'm getting quite a lot of sleep. It's about nine hours, sometimes even more and there's a regime that I start from the moment I wake up usually.

What are you going to do when you finally do get time off? Are you good at switching off?
No. You have to place me on a deserted island with no phone and I'll already probably have like a phone hidden in some box! But I love what I do. I have a lot of energy now, things will change. I think this summer it will be very important for me to kind of step outside of my world and my bubble and have real genuine normal experiences and go to the farmers market and pick out fruit.

What's your favorite late night snack after a show?!
Well I try, I really try on the road to keep it all very healthy but the crew always has pizza around so I'm always like 'Give me a slice bro! Give me a slice. I'll give you an extra hour's sleep if you give me a slice!'

Check out more articles like this from Made Man:



from POPSUGAR Fitness http://ift.tt/1Bs5Bjh

No comments:

Post a Comment