Tuesday, August 25, 2015

3 Important Reasons to Stop Hitting Snooze http://ift.tt/1Kimkxj

I'll admit it. I've been called the queen of the snooze on more than one occasion - past roommates and ex-boyfriends can back me up on this one. However, in the last few months, I've been waking up easier and working with more energy all day long, and it's because I've backed off this bad habit. Here's why you should too.

  1. It makes it harder to wake up: You might think those extra five or 10 minutes makes a difference, but the truth is snoozing does more harm than good. I'm sorry to say it, but I'm backed by science on this one: hitting the snooze button makes it harder to wake up. You're better off setting your alarm for 10 minutes later and getting out of bed once it goes off.
  2. It messes with your workout schedule: If I give myself the opportunity to snooze before a workout, nine times out of 10, I'm not going to get up early to move. Signing up for a class in advance definitely helps me get out of bed, but it's a different story when the workout on my schedule is an early solo run. Getting up once my alarm goes off ensures I squeeze in my morning workout.
  3. It affects your energy all day: Before you're even out of bed, this culprit sucks away energy for the rest of the day and ends up affecting your energy levels all day long. When you hit snooze, you're disrupting your circadian cycle and, in turn, messing with your brain's hormones. A more consistent wake-up time (sans the snooze) helps you wake up naturally with more energy. Seriously, this works.


from POPSUGAR Fitness http://ift.tt/1LvsaKh

No comments:

Post a Comment