Thursday, June 30, 2016

These Lightened-Up, No-Bake Key Lime Balls Make the Perfect Summer Treat http://ift.tt/299ZwDV

The following post was originally featured on Peanut Butter Fingers and written by Julie Fagan, who is part of POPSUGAR Select Fitness.

These no bake key lime pie bites are sweet and tangy and give you a zip of energy when you need it most! Enjoy them as a pre-workout or on-the-go snack or a healthy dessert after dinner.

Happy Cinco de Mayo! I hope you guys are all having a great Thursday! I wanted to pop in and share a festive recipe with you guys today inspired by one of my Cinco de Mayo favorites… Margaritas!

Whenever I think of margaritas, my mind immediately takes me back to my college days when $1 margaritas at a local restaurant – Amigo's for my fellow UCF students – were all the rage. The ridiculously cheap price for a margarita drew us in and every Wednesday the restaurant was packed with students who wanted to take advantage of one heck of a stellar drink special. Amigo's wasn't cheap with their special either… Chips and salsa were FREE, too! It was basically a college student's dream. And if we were feeling fancy, we'd spring for the queso and really be livin' large.

Side note for anyone in the Orlando area whose mouth started watering at the thought of $1 margaritas: I have no idea if Amigo's is still running this promotion but when I was in college ten years ago (WHAT!?), it was the jam.

A lot of people veered off and ordered different flavored margaritas at Amigo's. I got suckered into a strawberry margarita a time or two but always came back to the classic. Something about a frosty margarita with the perfect amount of tequila and tangy lime flavor is hard to beat for me!

Today's recipe is inspired by my love for margaritas but since the likelihood of you making these bars today on Cinco de Mayo is in the zero-to-none range, we'll call them No Bake Key Lime Pie Bites because there isn't actually any tequila in these bites (unless you choose to add it, you party animal, you) and the lime flavor in the bites reminds me a lot of a subtly sweet slice of key lime pie.

To read the rest of this post, click here.



from POPSUGAR Fitness http://ift.tt/292b6NE

No comments:

Post a Comment