Thursday, June 23, 2016

Turn Up the Intensity With This Strength and Plyometric Leg Workout http://ift.tt/28ZSjUz

The following post was originally featured on Peanut Butter Fingers and written by Julie Fagan, who is part of POPSUGAR Select Fitness.

Pairing strength exercises with bursts of plyometric exercises is one of my favorite ways to challenge myself during a workout. There's something about going back and forth from a difficult strength exercise to a high-intensity plyometric exercise that makes a workout feel more hardcore… Plus, this combination almost always leaves me feeling sore (in a good way!) the next day.

Leg workouts have never been my favorite but this particular combination seems to keep me entertained, challenged and more invested in my leg workouts. Plus, I'm always a sweaty mess whenever I incorporate plyo into my workouts which I oddly love, so that's an added bonus!

Today I'm sharing a strength and plyometric leg workout with you guys that I completed at Burn Boot Camp on Tuesday morning. I was sore for two days after this one!

When selecting weights for the strength portion of this workout (the exercises noted in black), I encourage you to choose weights that make it challenging to get more than 15 – 20 reps during a one-minute period while still maintaining proper form.

There are not any rest breaks factored into this workout, so please rest as needed but try to keep things moving as you progress quickly from strength to plyometric exercises.

During Burn Boot Camp, we went through three total rounds of this workout.

To read the rest of this post, click here.



from POPSUGAR Fitness http://ift.tt/28PQj4x

No comments:

Post a Comment