Wednesday, June 29, 2016

You'll Never Go Back to Greasy French Fries After Trying These Oven-Baked Rutabaga Fries http://ift.tt/293xx8p

The following post was originally featured on Peanut Butter Fingers and written by Julie Fagan, who is part of POPSUGAR Select Fitness.

Oven-baked rutabaga fries are healthy and simple to prepare and make a great alternative to greasy french fries. Oven-baked and full of flavor, rutabaga fries taste delicious dipped in ketchup and served alongside everything from hamburgers and grilled chicken to salmon and veggie burgers!

Way back in the summer of 2010, I tried my first rutabaga! Back then I was on a big "veggie fries" kick and loved transforming my favorites vegetables into fries. I bought my first two rutabagas at the downtown Orlando farmer's market and made a batch of rutabaga fries that were an instant success.

Well, for some unknown reason, I'm pretty sure I haven't made rutabaga fries since 2010 and this week I figured it was time to change that! Plus, the old photos and recipe I initially shared on the blog left a lot to be desired, so why not revamp the recipe and give everything a little update in the process?

While I opted for chili powder, salt, and pepper in my initial recipe, I changed up the spices for this batch of oven-baked rutabaga fries since Ryan and I are on a huge rosemary kick. We stumbled upon a wild overgrown rosemary bush on a recent walk with Sadie and now that we have constant access to one of our favorite herbs, it's making its way into lots of recipes in the Fagan household!

To read the rest of this post, click here.



from POPSUGAR Fitness http://ift.tt/29oeQuB

No comments:

Post a Comment