Wednesday, March 30, 2016

This Intense Jump Rope Workout Will Sculpt Every Inch of Your Body http://ift.tt/1V6pDMr

The following post was originally featured on Fit Bottomed Girls and written by Jared , who is part of POPSUGAR Select Fitness.

Living with a Fit Bottomed Girl means I don't have to look too far to find a good workout. Kristen usually has a new toy or DVD to check out, but even when she's relying on her old standbys, she's pretty good about mixing it up. I just go along for the ride. So, when she asked me what kind of workout I was feeling the other day, I told her to surprise me. She got a little twinkle in her eye and started writing out a plan.

"We're doing a progressive workout. At least, that's what I'm calling it," she said, handing me a paper with 11 different exercises on it.

"Progressive workout? What does that mean?" I asked, looking at the list of exercises … which began with 50 jump ropes. Jump rope? I wasn't even sure I remembered how to do that!

(Just for the record I did; it's kind of like riding a bike. I was a bit wobbly at first, but by the end I had it down.)

"Just go ahead and ignore any spelling errors you see here, 'kay? I wasn't necessarily writing this out in order to take a picture. Thanks!" Love, Kristen (who is normally an EXCELLENT speller, thank you very much)

Kristen had been inspired by a workout Jenn mentioned the other day in their public Viber chat, where she started with one exercise, then kept adding more and more to it. So, that means round 1 is 50 jump ropes. Easy, right? Don't get too comfortable. Round 2 is 50 jump ropes + 10 squats. Round 3 is 50 jump ropes + 10 squats + 10 biceps curls. Get the idea?

If you do the math, you'll see that, by the end, you've done 550 jump ropes (and she says that next time, it'll be 100 jumps each time!), 100 regular squats, 90 biceps curls, etc. It's not a joke, but it's also not miserable - we knocked it out pretty quickly and weren't completely wrecked by the end … although she was complaining a good bit about her quads the next day!

Ever done a workout like this? I recommend writing it down - keeping track of what you're doing next gets tricky by the end. -Jared



from POPSUGAR Fitness http://ift.tt/1PGaHxU

No comments:

Post a Comment