Friday, October 31, 2014

Low-Calorie Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins http://ift.tt/1sSErMs


The following post was originally featured on Fitzala and written by Jenni K., who is part of POPSUGAR Select Fitness.


I think we're all entitled to a pumpkin overdose the last three months of the year. And I like my pumpkin overdose in the form of a muffin. Specifically, this healthy pumpkin muffin recipe.


Seriously though, I think the oven usually calls my name as soon as September rounds the corner. After a summer of neglect, it draws me back in with its wonderful smells and coziness that reminds me of a time when I lived in a cold, dark place (aka Seattle).


Now that I live in the eternal summer of California, I do my best to avoid warming up the house. It's the wonderful world of social media that says "turn on that oven make the house smell like pumpkin." Obviously, I have to obey that call.


Anyways back to this healthy pumpkin muffin recipe. How else can muffins be this soft and moist if not with pumpkin? Does anyone know? These muffins are so simple and easy to whip up, it takes less than five minutes. I'd love to incorporate those qualities, the moistness and ease, in to normal muffin recipes. Any tips for that would be greatly appreciated!


Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

Yummy and easy, this healthy pumpkin muffin recipe makes a perfect snack, dessert, or even breakfast.


Serves: 8 muffins

Prep time: 5 minutes

Cook time: 20 minutes

Total time: 25 minutes


Ingredients:



  • ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour

  • ⅓ cup Ideal, xylitol, or cup for cup Splenda

  • ¼ tsp baking powder

  • ¼ tsp baking soda

  • ½ tsp salt

  • ½ tsp cinnamon

  • ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice

  • 1 cup canned pumpkin

  • 1 egg beaten

  • ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt

  • ½ cup dark chocolate chips


Instructions:



  1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F

  2. Line muffin tin with paper liners and spritz with spray

  3. Combine flour, xylitol, and other dry ingredients

  4. Combine pumpkin, egg, and Greek yogurt in a separate bowl

  5. Add wet to dry and mix well

  6. Fold in chocolate chips

  7. Fill muffin tins ⅔ full

  8. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until muffins are firm and lightly browned on top

  9. Remove and allow to cool on wire rack or plate






from POPSUGAR Fitness http://ift.tt/10bo86y

No comments:

Post a Comment