Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Watch a Boston Marathon Bombing Survivor Dance Across the Finish Line http://ift.tt/1KrAvxr

Boston Marathon bombing survivor Adrianne Haslet-Davis lost her leg below the knee, but today she gracefully danced across the marathon's finish line - literally. The professional ballroom dancer, who now wears a prosthetic leg, donned a sparkly dress and high heels to dance over the revered finish line as part of a TV commercial shoot, but the event was full of meaning for Adrianne. She says that although her recovery has been challenging, she continued to work toward her goal of dancing again because it "helped her feel whole," CBS Boston reports.

As Adrianne says on her website, "I refuse to be called a victim. I am not defined by what happened in my life. I am a survivor, defined by how I live my life." Watch the uplifting video about Adrianne's dance across the finish line, and read more incredibly inspiring Boston Marathon survivor stories.

Source: Twitter user AdrianneHaslet

from POPSUGAR Fitness http://ift.tt/1GFAWpr

No comments:

Post a Comment